(Effective: October 21, 2020)
PLEASE READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY. THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (“AGREEMENT”) CONSTITUTE A LEGAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND Svang LLC., A VIRGINIA LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY, AND ITS AFFILIATED COMPANIES
SECTION 12 OF THIS AGREEMENT CONTAINS PROVISIONS THAT GOVERN HOW CLAIMS THAT YOU AND WE HAVE AGAINST EACH OTHER ARE RESOLVED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY CLAIMS THAT AROSE OR WERE ASSERTED BEFORE THE EFFECTIVE DATE OF THIS AGREEMENT. IN PARTICULAR, SECTION 12 SETS FORTH OUR ARBITRATION AGREEMENT WHICH WILL, WITH LIMITED EXCEPTIONS, REQUIRE DISPUTES BETWEEN US TO BE SUBMITTED TO BINDING AND FINAL ARBITRATION. UNLESS YOU OPT OUT OF THE ARBITRATION AGREEMENT:
- YOU WILL ONLY BE PERMITTED TO PURSUE CLAIMS AND SEEK RELIEF AGAINST US ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING; AND
- YOU ARE WAIVING YOUR RIGHT TO SEEK RELIEF IN A COURT OF LAW AND TO HAVE A JURY TRIAL ON YOUR CLAIMS. THE ARBITRATION AGREEMENT COULD AFFECT YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN PENDING PROPOSED CLASS ACTION LITIGATION. PLEASE SEE SECTION 12 FOR MORE INFORMATION REGARDING THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT, THE POSSIBLE EFFECTS OF THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT, AND HOW TO OPT OUT OF THE ARBITRATION AGREEMENT.
1. Acceptance of this Agreement
Svang, provides an online marketplace connection, using web-based technology that connects you and other consumers, restaurants and/or other businesses . Svang’s software permits consumers to place orders for food from various restaurants (the “Software”). Once such orders are made, the Svang software notifies Contractors that a delivery opportunity is available, and the software facilitates completion of the delivery to the consumer. Svang is not a restaurant, delivery service, or food preparation business.
If you access any of our websites located at https://www.Svang.ap , install or use our Svang mobile application, install or use any other software supplied by Svang, or access any information, function, or service available or enabled by Svang (each, a “Service” and collectively, the “Services”), or complete the Svang account registration process, you, your heirs, assigns, and successors (collectively, “you” or “your”) hereby represent and warrant that:
you have read, understand, and agree to be bound by this Agreement.
you are of legal age in the jurisdiction in which you reside to form a binding contract with Svang; and
you have the authority to enter into the Agreement personally and, if applicable, on behalf of any organization on whose behalf you have created an account and to bind such organization to the Agreement.
The terms “User” and “Users” refer to all individuals and other persons who access or use the Services, including, without limitation, any organizations that register accounts or otherwise access or use the Services through their respective representatives. Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, if you do not agree to be bound by the Agreement, you may not access or use the Services.
Subject to Section 12(h) of this Agreement, Svang reserves the right to modify the terms and conditions of this Agreement or its policies relating to the Software or Services at any time, effective upon posting of an updated version of this Agreement through the Services. You should regularly review this Agreement, as your continued use of the Services after any such changes constitutes your agreement to such changes.
3. Additional Terms and Policies
4. Rules and Prohibitions
Without limiting other rules and prohibitions in this Agreement, by using the Services, you agree that:
- You will only use the Services for lawful purposes; you will not use the Services for sending or storing any unlawful material or for deceptive or fraudulent purposes; and you will not engage in conduct that harms other Users, Svang employees, or our community.
- You will only use the Services in accordance with all applicable laws, including copyrights, trade secrets, or other rights of any third party, including privacy or publicity rights.
- You will only access the Services using means explicitly authorized by Svang.
- You will not use another User’s account, impersonate any person or entity, or forge or manipulate headers or identifiers to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the Services.
- You will not use the Services to cause nuisance, annoyance, or inconvenience.
- You will not use the Services, or any content accessible through the Services, for any commercial purpose, including but not limited to contacting, advertising to, soliciting or selling to, any Merchant, user or Contractor, unless Svang has given you prior permission to do so in writing.
- You will not copy or distribute the Software, or any content displayed through the Services, including Merchants’ menu content and reviews, for republication in any format or media.
- You will not compile, directly or indirectly, any content displayed through the Services except for your personal, noncommercial use.
- The information you provide to us when you register an account or otherwise communicate with us is accurate, you will promptly notify us of any changes to such information, and you will provide us with whatever proof of identity we may reasonably request.
- You will keep secure and confidential your account password or any identification credentials we provide you which allows access to the Services.
- You will use the Software and Services only for your own use and will not directly or indirectly resell, license, or transfer the Software, Services or content displayed by the Services to a third party.
- You will not use the Services in any way that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any Svang server, or the networks connected to any Svang server.
- You will not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Services and/or to any account, resource, computer system, and/or network connected to any Svang server.
- You will not probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network or breach or circumvent any security or authentication measures Svang may use to prevent or restrict access to the Services or use of the Services or the content therein.
- You will not deep-link to our websites or access our websites manually or with any robot, spider, web crawler, extraction software, automated process and/or device to scrape, copy, index, frame, or monitor any portion of our websites or any content on our websites.
- You will not scrape or otherwise conduct any systematic retrieval of data or other content from the Services.
- You will not try to harm other Users, Svang, or the Services in any way whatsoever.
- You will not engage in threatening, harassing, racist, sexist or any other behavior that Svang deems inappropriate when using the Services.
- You will report any errors, bugs, unauthorized access methodologies or any breach of our intellectual property rights that you uncover in your use of the Services.
- You will not abuse our promotional or credit code system, including by redeeming multiple coupons at once or by opening multiple accounts to benefit from offers available only to first time users.
- You will not attempt to undertake any of the foregoing. If we believe or determine that you have breached any of the aforementioned, we reserve the right to suspend and/or permanently deactivate your account at our sole discretion.
5. Contractors and Merchants Are Independent
You understand and agree that Svang provides a technology platform connecting you with independent food service providers and others that provide the products offered through the Services (“Merchants”), and independent third-party contractors who provide delivery services (“Contractors”). You acknowledge and agree that Svang does not itself prepare food or offer delivery services and has no responsibility or liability for the acts or omissions of any Merchant or any Contractor. Svang is not the retailer of any products offered by Merchants, nor is it in the delivery business or a common carrier. Svang provides a technology platform facilitating the transmission of orders by Users to Merchants for pickup or delivery by Contractors. Svang will not assess or guarantee the suitability, legality or ability of any Contractor or Merchant. You agree that Svang is not responsible for the Merchants’ food preparation or the safety of the food and does not verify Merchants’ compliance with applicable laws or regulations. Svang has no responsibility or liability for acts or omissions by any Merchant or Contractor.
You agree that the goods that you purchase will be prepared by the Merchant you have selected, that title to the goods passes from the Merchant to you at the Merchant’s location, and that the Contractor will be directed by your instructions to transport the products to your designated delivery location. You agree that neither the Contractor nor Svang holds title to or acquires any ownership interest in any goods that you order through the Services.
6. User Account
You may be required to register for an account to use parts of the Services. You must provide accurate, current, and complete information during the registration process and at all other times when you use the Services, and to update the information to keep it accurate, current, and complete. You are the sole authorized user of any account you create through the Services. You are solely and fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree that you shall monitor your account to prevent use by minors, and you will accept full responsibility for any unauthorized use of your password or your account. You may not authorize others to use your User status, and you may not assign or otherwise transfer your User account to any other person or entity. Should you suspect that any unauthorized party may be using your password or account, you will notify Svang immediately. Svang will not be liable and you may be liable for losses, damages, liability, expenses, and fees incurred by Svang or a third party arising from someone else using your account, regardless of whether you have notified us of such unauthorized use. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, or Svang has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, Svang has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Services (or any portion thereof). We may enable or require you to use a single pair of login credentials to use the Svang and/or Caviar services. You agree not to create an account or use the Services if you have been previously removed by Svang, or if you have been previously banned from use of the Services.
7. User Content
- User Content. Svang may provide you with interactive opportunities through the Services, including, by way of example, the ability to post User ratings and reviews (collectively, “User Content”). You represent and warrant that you are the owner of, or otherwise have the right to provide, all User Content that you submit, post and/or otherwise transmit through the Services. You hereby grant Svang a perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, fully paid, royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide, fully sublicenseable right and license to use, copy, display, publish, modify, remove, publicly perform, translate, create derivative works, distribute and/or otherwise use the User Content in connection with Svang’s business and in all forms now known or hereafter invented (“Uses”), without notification to and/or approval by you. You further grant Svang a license to use your username and/or other User profile information, including without limitation your ratings history, to attribute User Content to you in connection with such Uses, without notification or approval by you. You agree that this license includes the right for other Users to access and use your User Content in conjunction with participation in the Services and as permitted through the functionality of the Services. In the interest of clarity, the license granted to Svang herein shall survive termination of the Services or your account. Svang reserves the right in its sole discretion to remove or disable access to any User Content from the Services, suspend or terminate your account at any time, or pursue any other remedy or relief available under equity or law if you post any User Content that violates this Agreement or we consider to be objectionable for any reason. You agree that Svang may monitor and/or delete your User Content (but does not assume the obligation) for any reason in Svang’s sole discretion. Svang may also access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as Svang reasonably believes is necessary to (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request, (ii) enforce this Agreement, including investigation of potential violations hereof, (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues, (iv) respond to User support requests, or (v) protect the rights, property or safety of Svang, its users and the public.
- Feedback. You agree that any submission of any ideas, suggestions, and/or proposals to Svang through its suggestion, feedback, wiki, forum or similar pages (“Feedback”) is at your own risk and that Svang has no obligations (including without limitation, obligations of confidentiality) with respect to such Feedback. You represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary to submit the Feedback and you hereby grant to Svang a perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, fully paid, royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide, fully sublicenseable right and license to use, copy, display, publish, modify, remove, publicly perform, translate, create derivative works, distribute and/or otherwise use such Feedback.
- Ratings and Reviews. To the extent that you are asked to rate and post reviews of Merchants or other businesses (“Ratings” and “Reviews”, such Ratings and Reviews are considered User Content and are governed by this Agreement. Ratings and Reviews are not endorsed by Svang and do not represent the views of Svang or its affiliates. Svang shall have no liability for Ratings and Reviews or for any claims for economic loss resulting from such Ratings and Reviews. Because we strive to maintain a high level of integrity with respect to Ratings and Reviews posted or otherwise made available through the Services, you agree that: (i) you will base any Rating or Review on first-hand experience with the Merchant or business; (ii) you will not provide a Rating or Review for any Merchant or business for which you have an ownership interest, employment relationship or other affiliation or for any of that company’s competitors; (iii) you will not submit a Rating or Review in exchange for payment, free food items, or other benefits from a Merchant or business; and (iv) your review will comply with the terms of this Agreement. If we determine, in our sole discretion, that any Rating or Review could diminish the integrity of the Ratings and Reviews or otherwise violates this Agreement, we may remove such User Content without notice.
7. Communications with Svang
By creating a Svang account, you electronically agree to accept and receive communications from Svang, Contractors, or third parties providing services to Svang including via email, text message, calls, and push notifications to the cellular telephone number you provided to Svang. You understand and agree that you may receive communications generated by automatic telephone dialing systems and/or which will deliver prerecorded messages sent by or on behalf of Svang, its affiliated companies and/or Contractor, including but not limited to communications concerning orders placed through your account on the Services. Message and data rates may apply. If you do not wish to receive promotional emails, text messages, or other communications, you may change your notification preferences by accessing the Settings in your account. To opt out of receiving promotional text messages from Svang, you must reply “STOP” from the mobile device receiving the messages.
9. E-SIGN Disclosure
By creating a Svang account, you also consent to the use of an electronic record to document your agreement. You may withdraw your consent to the use of the electronic record by emailing Svang at email@example.com with “Revoke Electronic Consent” in the subject line.
To view and retain a copy of this disclosure, you will need (i) a device (such as a computer or mobile phone) with a web browser and Internet access and (ii) either a printer or storage space on such device. For a free paper copy, or to update our records of your contact information, email Svang at firstname.lastname@example.org with contact information and the address for delivery.
10. Intellectual Property Ownership
Svang alone (and its licensors, where applicable) shall own all right, title and interest, including all related intellectual property rights, in and to the Software and the Services. This Agreement is not a sale and does not convey to you any rights of ownership in or related to the Software or the Services, or any intellectual property rights owned by Svang. Svang names, Svang logos, and the product names associated with the Software and Services are trademarks of Svang or third parties, and no right or license is granted to use them. You agree that you will not remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Software or the Services.
11. Payment Term
1. Prices. You understand that:
- (i) the prices for menu items displayed through the Services may differ from the prices offered or published by Merchants for the same menu items and/or from prices available at third-party websites and that such prices may not be the lowest prices at which the menu items are sold;
- (ii) Svang has no obligation to itemize its costs, profits or margins when publishing such prices; and
- (iii) Svang reserves the right to change such prices at any time, at its discretion. For certain transactions, the subtotals shown at checkout are estimates that may be higher or lower depending on the final in store totals. In those situations, Svang reserves the right to charge your payment method the final price after checkout. You are liable for all transaction taxes on the Services provided under this Agreement (other than taxes based on Svang’s income). Payment will be processed by Svang, using the preferred payment method designated in your account.
2. No Refunds. Charges paid by you for completed and delivered orders are final and non-refundable. Svang has no obligation to provide refunds or credits, but may grant them, in each case in Svang’s sole discretion.
3. Promotional Offers and Credits. Svang, at its sole discretion, may make promotional offers with different features and different rates to any User. These promotional offers are subject to the terms of this Agreement and may be valid only for certain Users as indicated in the offer. You agree that promotional offers:
- (i) may only be used by the intended audience, for the intended purpose, and in a lawful manner;
- (ii) may not be duplicated, sold or transferred in any manner, or made available to the general public, unless expressly permitted by Svang;
- (iii) are subject to the specific terms that Svang establishes for such promotional offer;
- (iv) cannot be redeemed for cash or cash equivalent; and
- (v) are not valid for use after the date indicated in the offer or in Svang’s Terms and Conditions for Promotional Offers and Credits. Svang reserves the right to withhold or deduct credits or benefits obtained through a promotion in the event that Svang determines or believes that the redemption of the promotion or receipt of the credit or benefit was in error, fraudulent, illegal, or in violation of the applicable promotion terms or this Agreement. Svang reserves the right to modify or cancel an offer at any time. Svang’s Terms and Conditions for Promotional Offers and Credits apply to all promotional offers. Svang may also offer gratuitous credits, which can be used for the Services. Any credit issued by Svang is valid for 6 months from the date of issue except to the extent prohibited under applicable law and may not be redeemed for cash or cash equivalent. Upon expiration, credits will be removed from your account. Expired credits are no longer redeemable and cannot be used towards any order.
4. Fees for Services. Svang may change the fees for our Services as we deem necessary or appropriate for our business, including but not limited to Delivery Fees, Service Fees, Small Order Fees, and Surge Fees. Svang may also charge merchants fees on orders that you place through the services, including commissions and other fees, and may change those merchant fees as we deem necessary or appropriate for our business or to comply with applicable law.
12. Dispute Resolution
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING SECTION CAREFULLY. IT REQUIRES YOU TO ARBITRATE DISPUTES WITH SVANG AND LIMITS THE MANNER IN WHICH YOU CAN SEEK RELIEF. THIS SECTION 12 OF THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE REFERRED TO AS THE “ARBITRATION AGREEMENT”.
12.1 Agreement to Arbitrate. This Section 12 is referred to as the Arbitration Agreement. You agree that any and all disputes or claims that have arisen or may arise between you and Svang , whether arising out of or relating to these Terms of Service or in connection with your use of the Services, shall be resolved exclusively through final and binding arbitration, rather than a court, in accordance with the terms of this Arbitration Agreement, except that you may assert individual claims in small claims court, if your claims qualify. You agree that, by agreeing to these Terms of Service, you and Svang are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action. Your rights will be determined by a neutral arbitrator, not a judge or jury. The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this Arbitration Agreement. Notwithstanding the foregoing, this Arbitration Agreement shall not preclude either party from pursuing a court action for the sole purpose of obtaining a temporary restraining order or preliminary injunction in circumstances in which such relief is appropriate, provided that any other relief shall be pursued through an arbitration proceeding pursuant to this Arbitration Agreement.
12.2 Prohibition of Class and Representative Actions and Non-Individualized Relief. You and Svang agree that each may bring claims against the other only on an individual basis and not as plaintiff or class member in any purported class or representative action or proceeding. Unless both you and Svang agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate or join more than one person’s or party’s claims and may not otherwise preside over any form of a consolidated, representative, or class proceeding. Also, the arbitrator may award relief (including monetary, injunctive, and declaratory relief) only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief necessitated by that party’s individual claim(s).
12.3 Pre-Arbitration Dispute Resolution. Svang is always interested in resolving disputes amicably and efficiently, and most participant concerns can be resolved quickly and to the participant’s satisfaction by emailing Svang ’s Customer Care team at support@Svang.app. If such efforts prove unsuccessful, a party who intends to seek arbitration must first send to the other, by certified mail, a written Notice of Dispute (“Notice”). The Notice to Svang should be sent to Svang PO Box 224 Ashburn, VA 20146, Attn: General Counsel. (“Notice Address”). The Notice must (i) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute and (ii) set forth the specific relief sought. If you and Svang do not resolve the claim within sixty (60) calendar days after the Notice is received, you or Svang may commence an arbitration proceeding. During the arbitration, the amount of any settlement offer made by Svang or you shall not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator determines the amount, if any, to which you or Svang is entitled.
12.4 Arbitration Procedures. Arbitration will be conducted by a neutral arbitrator in accordance with the American Arbitration Association’s (“AAA”) rules and procedures, including the AAA’s Commercial Arbitration Rules (collectively, the “AAA Rules”), as modified by this Arbitration Agreement. If there is any inconsistency between any term of the AAA Rules and any term of this Arbitration Agreement, the applicable terms of this Arbitration Agreement will control unless the arbitrator determines that the application of the inconsistent Arbitration Agreement terms would not result in a fundamentally fair arbitration. All issues are for the arbitrator to decide, including, but not limited to, issues relating to the scope, enforceability, and arbitrability of this Arbitration Agreement. The arbitrator can award the same damages and relief on an individual basis that a court can award to an individual under these Terms of Service and applicable law. Decisions by the arbitrator are enforceable in court and may be overturned by a court only for very limited reasons. Unless you and Svang agree otherwise, any arbitration hearings will take place in a reasonably convenient location for both parties with due consideration of their ability to travel and other pertinent circumstances. If the parties are unable to agree on a location, the determination shall be made by AAA. If your claim is for $10,000 or less, Svang agrees that you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted solely on the basis of documents submitted to the arbitrator, through a telephonic hearing or by an in-person hearing as established by the AAA Rules. If your claim exceeds $10,000, the right to a hearing will be determined by the AAA Rules. Regardless of the manner in which the arbitration is conducted, the arbitrator shall issue a reasoned written decision sufficient to explain the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based.
12.5 Costs of Arbitration. Payment of all filing, administration, and arbitrator fees (collectively, the “Arbitration Fees”) will be governed by the AAA Rules, unless otherwise provided in this Arbitration Agreement. Any payment of attorneys’ fees will be governed by the AAA Rules.
12.6 Confidentiality. All aspects of the arbitration proceeding, and any ruling, decision, or award by the arbitrator, will be strictly confidential for the benefit of all parties.
12.7 Severability. If a court or the arbitrator decides that any term or provision of this Arbitration Agreement other than Sub-Section 12.2 above is invalid or unenforceable, the parties agree to replace such term or provision with a term or provision that is valid and enforceable and that comes closest to expressing the intention of the invalid or unenforceable term or provision, and this Arbitration Agreement shall be enforceable as so modified. If a court or the arbitrator decides that any of the provisions of Sub-Section 12.2 is invalid or unenforceable, then the entirety of this Arbitration Agreement shall be null and void. The remainder of these Terms of Service will continue to apply.
13. Third-Party Interactions
(a) Third-Party Websites, Applications and Advertisements. The Services may contain links to third-party websites (“Third-Party Websites”) and applications (“Third-Party Applications”) and advertisements (“Third-Party Advertisements”) (collectively, “Third-Party Websites & Advertisements”). When you click on a link to a Third-Party Website, Third-Party Application or Third-Party Advertisement, Svang will not warn you that you have left Svang’s Website or Services and will not warn you that you are subject to the terms and conditions (including privacy policies) of another website or destination. Such Third-Party Websites & Advertisements are not under the control of Svang. Svang is not responsible for any Third-Party Websites, Third-Party Applications, or any Third-Party Advertisements. Svang does not review, approve, monitor, endorse, warrant, or make any representations with respect to such Third-Party Websites & Advertisements, or their products or services. You use all links in Third-Party Websites & Advertisements at your own risk. You should review applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices of any Third-Party Websites or Third-Party Applications, and make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any transaction with any third party.
(b) App Stores. You acknowledge and agree that the availability of the Application is dependent on the third party from which you received the Application license, e.g., the Apple iPhone or Android app stores (“App Store”). You acknowledge and agree that this Agreement is between you and Svang and not with the App Store. Svang, not the App Store, is solely responsible for the Software and the Services, including the Application and the Services, the content thereof, maintenance, support services and warranty therefor, and addressing any claims relating thereto (e.g., product liability, legal compliance or intellectual property infringement). In order to use the Application, you must have access to a wireless network, and you agree to pay all fees associated with such access. You also agree to pay all fees (if any) charged by the App Store in connection with the Application or the Services. You agree to comply with, and your license to use the Application is conditioned upon your compliance with, all applicable third-party terms of agreement (e.g., the App Store’s terms and policies) when using the Application. You represent and warrant that you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country, and you represent and warrant that you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties. You acknowledge and agree that each App Store (and its affiliates) is an intended third-party beneficiary of this Agreement and has the right to enforce the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
14. Social Media Guidelines
Svang maintains certain social media pages for the benefit of the Svang community. By posting, commenting, or otherwise interacting with these pages, you agree to abide by our Social Media Community Guidelines.
15. Transactions Involving Alcohol
You may have the option to request delivery of alcohol products in some locations and from certain Merchants. If you receive your delivery in the United States, you agree that you will only order alcohol products if you are 21 years of age or older. If you receive your delivery in another country, you agree that you will only order alcohol products if you are of legal age to purchase alcohol products in the relevant jurisdiction. You also agree that, upon delivery of alcohol products, you will provide valid government-issued identification proving your age to the Contractor delivering the alcohol products and that the recipient will not be intoxicated when receiving delivery of such products. If you order alcohol products, you understand and acknowledge that neither Svang nor the Contractor can accept your order of alcohol products, and the order will only be delivered if the Merchant accepts your order. The Contractor reserves the right to refuse delivery if you are not 21 years old, if you cannot provide a valid government issued ID, if the name on your ID does not match the name on your order, or you are visibly intoxicated. If the Contractor is unable to complete the delivery of alcohol products for one or more of these reasons, you are subject to a non-refundable $20 re-stocking fee.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Svang and its officers, directors, employees, agents and affiliates (each, an “Indemnified Party”), from and against any losses, claims, actions, costs, damages, penalties, fines and expenses, including without limitation attorneys’ fees and expenses, that may be incurred by an Indemnified Party arising out of, relating to or resulting from (a) your User Content; (b) your misuse of the Software or Services; (c) your breach of this Agreement or any representation, warranty or covenant in this Agreement; or (d) your violation of any applicable laws, rules or regulations through or related to the use of the Software or Services. In the event of any claim, allegation, suit or proceeding alleging any matter potentially covered by the agreements in this section, you agree to pay for the defense of the Indemnified Party, including reasonable costs and attorneys’ fees incurred by the Indemnified Party. Svang reserves the right, at its own cost, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will fully cooperate with Svang in asserting any available defenses. This provision does not require you to indemnify any Indemnified Party for any unconscionable commercial practice by such party, or for such party’s negligence, fraud, deception, false promise, misrepresentation or concealment, suppression or omission of any material fact in connection with the Software or Services. You agree that the provisions in this section will survive any termination of your account, this Agreement, or your access to the Software and/or Services.
17. Disclaimer of Warranties
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF LAW, YOUR USE OF THE SOFTWARE AND SERVICES IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. CHANGES ARE PERIODICALLY MADE TO THE SOFTWARE AND SERVICES AND MAY BE MADE AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU. THE SOFTWARE AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. SVANG MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS OR TIMELINESS OF THE CONTENT MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SOFTWARE OR SERVICES, OR THE SERVICES, SOFTWARE, TEXT, GRAPHICS OR LINKS.
SVANG DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SOFTWARE OR SERVICES WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE SOFTWARE OR SERVICES ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES AND OTHER HARMFUL MALWARE. IF YOUR USE OF THE SOFTWARE OR SERVICES RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING OR REPLACING EQUIPMENT OR DATA, SVANG SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE ECONOMIC COSTS.
18. Internet Delays
19. Breach and Limitation of Liability
(a) General. You understand and agree that a key element of the Services and this Agreement is your and our mutual desire to keep the Services simple and efficient, and to provide the Software and Services at low cost. You understand and agree to the limitations on remedies and liabilities set forth in this Section 19 to keep the Software and Services simple and efficient, and costs low, for all users.
(b) Cap on Liability. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW SVANG’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY SHALL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF AMOUNTS ACTUALLY PAID BY AND/OR DUE FROM YOU TO SVANG IN THE SIX (6) MONTH PERIOD IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO SUCH CLAIM. THIS CAP ON LIABILITY SHALL APPLY FULLY TO RESIDENTS OF NEW JERSEY.
(c) Disclaimer of Certain Damages. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF LAW SVANG SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES OF ANY TYPE OR KIND (INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY, LOST PROFITS, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, AND LOSS OF DATA, REVENUE, USE AND ECONOMIC ADVANTAGE). THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMER OF PUNITIVE AND EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, AND THE ENTIRE DISCLAIMER OF DAMAGES FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR FOR ANY INJURY CAUSED BY SVANG’S FRAUD OR FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION, SHALL NOT APPLY TO USERS WHO RESIDE IN THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY.
20. Exclusive Venue
To the extent the parties are permitted under this Agreement to initiate litigation in a court, both you and Svang agree that all claims and disputes arising out of or relating to the Agreement will be litigated exclusively in the state or federal courts located in Loudoun County if you are a Virginia citizen or resident, and in the United States District Court for the District in which you reside if you are not a Virginia citizen or resident.
If you violate this Agreement, Svang may respond based on several factors including, but not limited to, the egregiousness of your actions and whether a pattern of harmful behavior exists.
In addition, at its sole discretion, Svang may modify or discontinue the Software or Service, or may modify, suspend or terminate your access to the Software or the Services, for any reason, with or without notice to you and without liability to you or any third party. In addition to suspending or terminating your access to the Software or the Service, Svang reserves the right to take appropriate legal action, including without limitation pursuing civil, criminal, or injunctive redress. Even after your right to use the Software or the Services is terminated, this Agreement will remain enforceable against you. All provisions which by their nature should survive to give effect to those provisions shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
22. Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement
It is Svang’s policy to terminate membership privileges of any User who repeatedly infringes copyright upon prompt notification to Svang by the copyright owner or the copyright owner’s legal agent. Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the Services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent with the following information:
- (a) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- (b) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- (c) a description of the location on the Services of the material that you claim is infringing;
- (d) your address, telephone number and e-mail address;
- (e) a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
- (f) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf. Contact information for Svang’s Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement is as follows: email@example.com
(a) No Joint Venture or Partnership. No joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you, Svang or any third-party provider because of this Agreement or use of the Software or Services.
(b) Choice of Law. This Agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Virginia consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act, without giving effect to any principles that provide for the application of the law of any other jurisdiction.
(c) Severability. Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, if any provision of this Agreement is found to be invalid, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this Agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect.
(d) Consumer Complaints. State and local consumer protection offices mediate complaints, conduct investigations, prosecute offenders of consumer laws, license and regulate a variety of professionals, promote strong consumer protection legislation, provide educational materials and advocate in the consumer interest. To save time, call the office before sending in a written complaint.
(e) Accessing and Downloading the Application from iTunes. The following applies to any Application accessed through or downloaded from the Apple App Store (an “App Store Sourced Application”):
- You acknowledge and agree that (i) the Agreement is concluded between you and Svang only, and not Apple, and (ii) Svang, not Apple, is solely responsible for the App Store Sourced Application and content thereof. Your use of the App Store Sourced Application must comply with the App Store Terms of Service.
- You acknowledge that Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the App Store Sourced Application.
- In the event of any failure of the App Store Sourced Application to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify Apple, and Apple will refund the purchase price, if any, for the App Store Sourced Application to you and to the fullest extent permitted by law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the App Store Sourced Application. As between Svang and Apple, any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs, or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty will be the sole responsibility of Svang.
- You and Svang acknowledge that, as between Svang and Apple, Apple is not responsible for addressing any claims you have or any claims of any third party relating to the App Store Sourced Application or your possession and use of the App Store Sourced Application, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the App Store Sourced Application fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation. You and Svang acknowledge that, in the event of any third-party claim that the App Store Sourced Application or your possession and use of that App Store Sourced Application infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights, as between Svang and Apple, Svang, not Apple, will be solely responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim to the extent required by the Terms.
- You and Svang acknowledge and agree that Apple, and Apple’s subsidiaries, are third-party beneficiaries of the Terms as related to your license of the App Store Sourced Application, and that, upon your acceptance of the terms and conditions of the Terms, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce the Terms as related to your license of the App Store Sourced Application against you as a third-party beneficiary thereof.
- Without limiting any other terms of the Terms, you must comply with all applicable third-party terms of agreement when using the App Store Sourced Application.
(f) Notice. Where Svang requires that you provide an e-mail address, you are responsible for providing Svang with your most current e-mail address. In the event that the last e-mail address you provided to Svang is not valid, or for any reason is not capable of delivering to you any notices required or permitted by this Agreement, Svang’s dispatch of the e-mail containing such notice will nonetheless constitute effective notice. You may give notice to Svang by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org ,Such notice shall be deemed given on the next business day after such e-mail is received by Svang.
(g) Electronic Communications. For contractual purposes, you
- consent to receive communications from Svang in an electronic form; and
- agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that Svang provides to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy if they were in writing. You agree to keep your contact information, including email address, current. This subparagraph does not affect your statutory rights.
(h) Transfer and Assignment. This Agreement, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred, or assigned by you, but may be assigned by Svang without restriction. Any attempted transfer or assignment in violation hereof shall be null and void. This Agreement binds and inures to the benefit of each party and the party’s successors and permitted assigns.
(i) Entire Agreement. This Agreement is the final, complete, and exclusive agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes and merges all prior discussions between the parties with respect to such subject matter. However, nothing in this Agreement shall supersede, amend, or modify the terms of any separate agreement(s) between you and Svang relating to your work as an employee or independent contractor, including, without limitation, any Independent Contractor Agreement governing your efforts as a Contractor.
24. Contact Information
Svang welcomes your questions or comments regarding the Terms: email@example.com